Friday, February 6, 2009

The Grocery Game!

I want to pass on this little tip that I LOVE and have had so much fun with!  It is a website that I had been hearing about for the past year or so where you sign up to see a list of the best buys in your local grocery store.  The lady who runs it sifts through Sunday paper coupons, online coupons, and store sales trying to find the very lowest prices for her customers.  Each list is updated weekly according to that market's sales for the week.  The lists are comprised of three categories: items that are free with coupons, items that are at rock bottom prices, and items that are at fair prices.  When you see an item at rock-bottom prices, you should stock up on it.  If you need items at fair prices for the week, you should buy them but not stockpile them.  

I have been shopping this way since September and I have a nice little stockpile full of toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, toiletries (including 3 tubes of toothpaste that I got for free!!), cereal, and tons of other stuff that I got on the CHEAP.  That way when I need these things I don't have to go buying them at their highest prices, I can go check out my stockpile and use something that I probably got for half the price.  I love it.  I have saved SO much  money!  Maybe it's just because groceries are so much higher here than they are in Missouri, but I hate going shopping!  I was worried that shopping this way would make it harder for us to eat healthy, but it really hasn't.   There is always produce on the list and healthy snacks, too.  If nothing else I have saved a ton on paper products, toiletries and cleaning supplies!  It's actually kind of fun, too :)





No comments:

god