Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Hearts Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!  Today was a super nice day, perfect for Valentine's!  It has been nasty and rainy and windy for what seems like weeks now, and today was perfect beach weather.  We have heard that there are going to be more storms coming up this week, though, so we aren't getting too excited about it.  This morning I made a big breakfast for Sean (it is our favorite meal!) and he gave me a certificate to get a haircut at this fancy place a couple of blocks away from us, yay!  For lunch we went to Wahoo's (a yummy taco place close to our house), got some rice bowls to go and took them to the beach.  I have been really excited to take Jason to the beach because he hasn't been there since he was too little to really take it in.  He loved watching the waves and he is a big fan of the breeze, too.  It was just a fun, nice day.
Here are my valentines on the beach, one of them trying to get his tan on.

In the spirit of the holiday, I had a cookie baking party with myself.  Sean didn't appreciate it so much because he is on a diet, but he ended up letting go to indulge a little!  


I made Linzer Cookies from the Sister's Cafe, a food blog by a girl I know from church in Kirksville and her sisters.  I kind of ran short on time so they aren't very pretty, especially the clumps of powdered sugar!, but they were delicious and I highly suggest making them!

Then I made my favorite sugar cookies which were sooo good as usual!  Every other time I have made them I have iced them with buttercream frosting, but today I made ganache.  These were glazed with it when it was still warm, and the other cookies were iced with cooled, whipped ganache.  I personally liked the pictured variety better!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Valentine's day!

1 comment:

Kylie Walker said...

Way to go on the linzer cookies, they look delish. You little homemaker, you :)

god