Monday, March 17, 2008

Catching Up

Hey guys, welcome to our new blog!  I just wanted to have a place to update everybody since we are so so far away now :(.  I know that you all want to know what's been going on especially with the little Dumas coming up on his birth dayyy!!  I have been doing my best to keep everyone in the loop, but I admit that I might not have done a great job.  Sean and I have had so much going on, as everyone knows.  Surprisingly everything has gone really smoothly!  It feels like things have just fallen into place for us, and we couldn't be happier.  Here are some updates on our life::

  • Sean and I are coming up on 2 months of marriage, woohoo!!  We said our vows in the Orange County courthouse on January 30 (my mommy's birthday!) and while it was really special and a day that I will never forget, it wasn't quite what a wedding should be and we are DEFINITELY going to be having a small ceremony for our family and friends to attend.  I am in the early planning stages... I have to admit that with everything else going on I have kind of put it on the back burner, but I am hoping that it will happen this summer/early fall.

This is where we got married in case you were interested :)

  • Sean gave me the most PERFECT ring, but I haven't gotten a chance to wear it yet because it was a little big and it  hasn't come back yet from being sized.  I couldn't decide whether to wait until I lost the baby weight to do that, because my finger has porked up a whole ring size with this pregnancy swelling ewe.  But the lady at Kay told us we could get it sized as many times as we wanted.  Anyway since I can't show off the actual ring, here is a picture!  I absolutely love it, it just sparkles!!:

  • I am currently 36 weeks 4 days pregnant.... on Thursday I will be full term!! YAY.  I am anxiously waiting for this little guy to be born!  I can't wait to see him, and I can't wait to lose this big belly!!  So many people have told me that I will miss the belly after it is gone.. they're crazy.  Here's a pic of his little heart beating at 122 BPM about a month ago::


  • Just FYI, we are READY for this child.  The nesting instinct has kicked in and I have everything ready and I mean everything.  On March 8 Sean's Aunt Gaby gave us a baby shower at her house.. it was so cute and fun!  Baby D got TONS of cute stuff, and a lot of practical things as well.  We now have pretty much everything that we need and more... so bring on the baby!  All he needs now is a name... bummer, why is that so hard??  Here are some pictures I stole from Sean's sister's Facebook from the shower.  I'll have more to post later, but these show my belly progress and the nice weather!::

Me (whitey and swolen ewe), Sean, and his sisters Monique and Christina

Woahhh belly!

Well that is pretty much all of the excitement I have for today,, soon I'll post pictures of the cute nursery!  LOVE YA!

No comments:

god