Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ohh baby I'm full term!!

Today is a fun day because I am 37 weeks pregnant, and I could have my little boy any time! He is safe and ready for the world!! Only he's not named yet. I decided that no one will know his name except for Sean and me until he is here,, there are too many strong opinions! No one likes our names! Anyway I can't wait to see him and hold him :). This afternoon I have an appointment with my OB. It's time for a Group B strep test... I don't really know what that is. All I know is that if I test positive for it, the baby will be given antibiotics after he is born to prevent him from contracting it. Also, and much more exciting, my doc is going to tell me where I stand as far as dilation and effacement. This information will help my mom buy a plane ticket, and then I can put it down on my calendar!! I can't wait to see her!! I have had tons of support from Sean's family here but there's nothing like your own family. They know you and love you no matter what. So I am looking forward to that, of course :).

So right now, I am watching Tyra and she is having a special on post partum depression. Kind of scary. One lady said that when her baby cries she imagines throwing him against the floor and listening to his skull crack and watching the blood pool. And she still hasn't told anyone. I do not know what I would do if that happened to me!!! But holy cow, wouldn't you want to tell someone about something like that? I guess I have never been there so I can't be judgmental, but it's your baby!! Hopefully I will never understand what that feels like.....

Anyway, there's lots to do today so if you are reading this, I hope it's as sunny where you are as it is here :) LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara,
Congrats on the marriage and the baby!
Group B strep is a strain of the bacteria that causes strep throat. But Strep throat does not cause group b, and group B does not cause strep throat. Group B just occurs naturally in some women as a vaginal infection. It usually goes either unnoticed or causes symptoms similar to a yeast infection. Some antibiotics can get rid of group B for women, but some women have it forever. I will have it forever. :( Anyway, if you deliver your baby naturally, he can pick up the group B bacteria and get sick if it is left untreated.

Don't worry, since you have already been tested, your doctors will know if your little guy needs antibiotics. Also, the antibiotic treatments for babies works, like, all the time, so if he contracts it he will be just fine. :)

Good luck with everything!
-lauren

god