Thursday, March 27, 2008

I have a ring!!

I'm so excited because my wedding ring is on my finger where it should be!!  It finally got back from being sized and I picked it up from the mall today after my doctor's appointment.  It is SO pretty and shiny and new!!  To me it seems a little big, it will kind of spin around on my finger and I can slip it right off even when my hands are dry... but I want to wait until after I have lost my swelling before I get it sized again.  The good news is that I can get it sized as many times as I need to for free, like forever!  Sweet.  Til then I will just be super careful.

I went to the doctor and had a quick check up this morning... I was hoping he would check to see if there were any changes as far as dilation/thinning out goes but he said he doesn't like to do exams every week because it's just another possibility of introducing an infection.  Bummer. He did a short ultrasound, though, to check the baby's heart rate which was 140 BPM.  He said the baby was moving around a ton and he also showed me how he was breathing which I had never seen before.  So our little guy really IS ready, breathing and everything!  So exciting.

Last week Sean and I got a rocker for the nursery... everyone said it was a necessity so we went for it with some shower money!  It is really comfy and it looks nice too::


Now we just need to get something on the walls... by the beach there is a cute little street with all of these neat shops on it.  One is an adorable baby store, stuff is kind of pricey but realllly fun.  They have these tiny Harley trikes with leather fringe and everything in the window, haha!  Anyway they have the cutest wooden letters to hang  up in the baby's room so when we finally figure out a name I can't wait to go buy them!!  

Well it is a beautiful day outside so I am going to go take advantage of that!!  PS Aunt Joyce if you're reading this, thanks for the tip on staying hydrated!!  I had totally forgotten about that one... in Missouri when I would get contractions I would just drink a couple of glasses of water and lie down but I hate the way the water tastes here so I had only been drinking juice and milk... but me and Sean just got a Brita pitcher a couple of days ago so I have been drinking way more and so far it has kept the contractions away :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sara! Patrick told me about your website and I have been checking it a lot because I love reading about the baby! The room is so cute and I can't believe you look so good for being 9 months pregnant! Your face and everything look the same, I wouldn't even be able to tell if not for the big bump! I can't wait to see pictures and I am really wondering what the name is! Also my sister lives right by you in LA so me and Patrick were thinking we might come out this summer! I hope we can because I really want to see the baby!! And I also love CA but who doesn't. Good luck with everything in the next couple weeks!

Grandma Judy said...

Sara
I have been calling him "Homer"....sure hope you don't name him that!
I agree with Julie, you don't look like you have gained weight except for your tummy.
See you soon. Love mom

god